Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board has released the DSSSB Recruitment Notification 2019 for the post under Delhi Fire Service, Govt. of India. Candidates should apply online for recruitment through the official website. The DSSSB notification is released on 24th September 2019. For more details about the recruitment of the exam read the full article.
- Candidates can start to fill the DSSSB Application Form from 7th October 2019.
- After 6th November 2019, the submission of the online application link will be disabled.
- There is a total of 706 Vacancy for the post of Delhi Fire Service (Fire Operator- Male).
- Only Male candidates can fill the recruitment for the Fire Operator.
DSSSB Recruitment 2019 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board|
|Name of the Post||Fire Operator (Only Male|
|Release of Notification||24th September 2019|
|Starting Date to Apply||7th October 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||6th November 2019|
|Number of Vacancies||706|
|Pay Scale||INR 5200- 20200/- per month|
|Selection Process||Online Exam|
|Physical Endurance Test (PET)|
DSSSB Vacancy 2019
In the following table, there is the list of the Category-Wise vacancies recruited by the Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board-
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
DSSSB Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for the DSSSB are based on the Educational Qualification, Experience, Physical Endurance Test, and Age-Limit (Age Relaxation as per the norms) of the candidates.
- Candidates should qualify physical endurance test, driving test and written test as prescribed by the Chief Fire Officer.
- The training shall be terminated if the work and conduct of the candidates are not found satisfactory.
- During training, a fixed amount of stipend shall only be paid.
- The candidate selected for appointment to the post shall have to undergo a pre-service training of 6 months as prescribed by Chief Fire Officer and shall have to pass the prescribed test.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Matric pass from a recognized Institute /Board or equivalent.
- Candidates should possess a valid license for driving heavy-duty vehicles.
- Experience of Technical Qualification in Profession.
- Candidates who are applying for the post of Fire Operator must know Swimming and Diving.
Age- Limit (Age Relaxation)
- The age limit of the candidates must be 27 years.
- Age Relaxation will be given as per the table regarding age relaxation is given below which are regulated as per DOPT Guidelines-
|SC/ ST||05 Years|
|Departmental candidate with at least three years continuous service in Govt. of NCT of Delhi||Up to 40 years of age (45 years for SC/ST, 43 years for OBC) for Group ‘C’ post (which are in the same line or allied cadres).|
|Meritorious sportsperson||05 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen Group C & B (Non-Gazetted)||Period of Military service plus 3 years|
|Kashmiri Migrant||relaxation in the upper age limit of five years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1' day of January 1950 to the 31' day of December 1989|
How to Apply for DSSSB Recruitment 2019?
- Click on the direct link provided above.
- Register on the official website and save login credentials.
- If already a registered member, log in using saved credentials.
- Look for the relevant application link & click on it.
- Now fill the application form and upload all the required documents properly.
- Now pay the application fee as per your category and click on submit.
- A new page will appear on the screen with final application, Save it.
- Download & take a print out of the final application form for future reference.
- The DSSSB Application Fee for the General Category Candidate is INR 100/-.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST & Ex-serviceman category are exempted from paying an application fee.
- The candidates must apply Online only. No other mode of application shall be accepted.
- The candidates submitting their application online should pay the requisite fees only through SBI e-pay.
- Another mode of payment will not be considered and the application of such candidates will be rejected out rightly and payment made shall stand forfeited.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
DSSSB Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates who are appearing for the exam must know the exam pattern of the exam- Online Written Test & Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Online Written Test
- There are a total of 200 questions for 1 mark each.
- Candidates will get the time duration of 2 Hours (120 Minutes) for the exam.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer from the correct one.
- There are 4 subjects asked for the exam- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
Physical Endurance Test
|Minimum Height||165 cms (relaxable 0f 5 cms for hilly area people)|
|Minimum Weight||50 kgs|
|Chest||Normal: 81 cms. Expanded: 86.5 cms|
DSSSB Syllabus 2019
AS per the official notification for DSSSB Recruitment 2019, there are 4 sections in the online written test. Know the detailed Syllabus below in the table-
|General Awareness||General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability||Arithmetical & Numerical Ability||Hindi-English Language & Comprehension|
|Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around and its application to society. The knowledge of Current Events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. It includes questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions, etc||analogies similarities differences space visualization problem-solving analysis judgment decision making visual memory discrimination observation relationship concepts arithmetical reasoning verbal and figure classification arithmetical number series||Simplification Decimals Data Interpretation Fractions L.C.M., H.C.F. Ratio & Proportion Percentage Average Profit & Loss Discount Simple & Compound Interest Mensuration Time & Work Time & Distance Tables & Graphs||Vocabulary Grammar Sentence Structure Synonyms Antonyms and its correct usage|
DSSSB Selection Process 2019
The selection of the candidates will be finalized from the following process-
- One Tier (G) examination Scheme (Online Written Test)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)